The Gig: "Guarantee our AWS infrastucture runs smoothly. Silky smooth. Even when US-EAST-1 goes down."
- Strong desire to automate the entire deployment process with Chef/Puppet or similar.
- You know the fundamentals of operating large scale web applications and APIs.
- You are a Linux expert.
- You know what a 'chaos monkey' is and you can't wait to play with one.
- You want to build stuff that is used by hundreds of thousands of people on a daily basis.
- You take great pride in your work.
About Our Tech Stack:
Our back-end stack is comprised of Big Data technologies like Cassandra, HBase, Hadoop, Redis, RabbitMQ, Storm and MySQL. We primarily use AWS - specifically ELB, EC2, SQS, MTurk, CloudFront, RDS, S3, and Route53...plus we try out new AWS goodies as released.
We use Jenkins for continuous deployment and push code to production several times daily.
It's up to you. You pick your rig. Most of our folks use Macs. Some use Linux. Others use Windows. Use whatever you can to do your best work on!
- Experience running web scale services on Amazon AWS
- Expert knowledge of Linux
- Expert knowledge of chef, puppet or other Infrastructure Automation framework
- Familiarity with JVM build systems, deployments, monitoring, performance tuning
- Expert scripting/development in your preferred language
- MySQL, Cassandra
- git (including GitHub)
- Authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
Nice to Haves:
- Jenkins & Continuous Deployment
- Experience with networking. (Switching, routing, VLANs, network topologies, VPC)
- Postgres, MongoDB, Cassandra
- Startup experience
- Keep our infrastructure up and running smoothly.
- Build and maintain a highly fault tolerant infrastucture on AWS
- Automate the build and deploy process so that you can maintain the entire infrastructure from the stool of a bar....or a beach.
- Work with the entire team to solve difficult problems
- Just be awesome
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Generous stock options
- 100% paid Medical, Dental and Vision for you as well as Spouse or Family coverage for less than $145 per month.
- We don't track vacation - take time off when you need to but don't screw your team!!!
- Paid, PAID vacation: once a year weíll actually PAY you $7500 to take an awesome vacation!
- Free Eco Pass
- Free Downtown Denver Parking
- Opportunity to attend industry events and conferences
- Lots and lots of free Beer