- Full Time
Location: US Remote
The General Counsel (GC) at FullContact will be a strategic advisor to the Senior Leadership Team and the organization. The GC will provide legal services and advice on a wide range of US-centric matters and proactively identify and manage risk. This role will work closely with numerous stakeholders in all areas of the business. The GC will provide legal counsel by developing legal interpretation, opinions, and options and recommending the course of action.
This position reports to the Chief Financial Officer and is a key member of the FullContact team.
- Establishes corporate counsel operational strategies by contributing information, analysis, and recommendations to strategic thinking and direction; establishing functional objectives in line with organizational objectives
- Responsible for all commercial contracts (e.g. NDAs, customer, vendor, lease, data, etc.)
- Contract support for partnerships and channel deals (revenue share, use cases, etc.)
- Partners with HR to provide advice and counsel on a variety of employment law matters
- Training the Sales and Customer Success teams on contract terms and supporting customer negotiations
- Manage outside counsel on a need-to-have basis
- Responsible for privacy and risk compliance (e.g. GDPR, CCPA, etc.)
- Consistent supplier and customer compliance, indemnity, and limits of liability
- Responsible for privacy and risk compliance
- Can translate Mar|AdTech legislation from different geographies into actionable steps for our Product Team to take
- Supports and counsels our Product team as they lead Privacy and Security audits
- Manage and maintain corporate records
- Responsible for corporate governance
- Support corporate development activities
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; supporting adherence to requirements; advising leadership on needed actions.
- Between 5 and 10 years of proven experience as a Lawyer in either a law firm and/or in-house corporate setting. Working for a tech company or with tech clients is highly advantageous.
- J.D. degree or equivalent from an accredited university
- Current practicing member of Colorado Bar Association
- Demonstrated legal expertise as a seasoned counselor in a broad range of general business law subjects, with an emphasis on contracts
- Proactive and effective business counseling, issue spotting, problem-solving, negotiation, and analytical skills on a diverse array of issues and projects
- Clear, logical, and well-reasoned written and oral communication skills
- Experience in drafting and negotiating complex contracts; proven ability to adapt and find creative solutions
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary Range: $200,000-$220,000 base salary plus company-based bonus plan and equity
- We offer 100% covered medical, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family.
- We are #defaultremote (fully and permanently remote) with the option to work at WeWork spaces around the country with our credits. Our Denver office is open as an optional place for people to work if they choose to.
- Flexible family-first environment - we want work to work for you and your family’s schedule.
- Get up to $200 a month reimbursed for recurring home office expenses and a one-time $1000 home office setup reimbursement to make your space your own!
- Unlimited VTO (vacation time off) so you can recharge and relax when you need to.
- Paid Parental Leave when you welcome a new member to your family.
- Bereavement leave supporting the grieving process for the loss of both human and animal family members.
- 26 paid Company holidays, including mental health days, service days, 1/2 day Fridays in the summer, and the week between Christmas and New Year off!
- We provide a prepaid HRA card for out-of-pocket medical, dental, and vision expenses.
FullContact is the premier provider of SaaS-based identity resolution that empowers brands to improve their customer experience and authentically engage with consumers. Using a consumer-first approach with our product offerings, we aim to make relationships better and that starts with our employees. We offer excellent benefits for our teammates, including full medical and dental coverage, unlimited vacation time, and a generous stock option plan. You’ll join an innovative, enthusiastic team whose hard work helped us achieve recognition from the API awards, MarTech Breakthrough awards, and inclusion on the Inc. 5000 list for fastest-growing companies.
All offers of employment at FullContact are contingent upon clear results of a thorough background check. FullContact is an Equal Opportunity Employer. FullContact does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
By clicking on the “submit application” button and applying for a job at FullContact, you are agreeing to submit your data to FullContact for the purposes of determining qualification for the role. In addition, FullContact will keep the personal data you submit now for future recruiting and hiring processes.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States for any employer