Data Solutions Engineer
Data Solutions Engineer
Location: US Remote
FullContact is a leader in consented data and Identity Resolution. Life is all about people and the relationships between them. Our mission is to make those relationships better through identity resolution and insights. We offer excellent benefits and a generous stock option plan. A recent accolade includes BuiltIn's Best Places To Work!
Work on the Data Solutions team as a Data Engineer to prototype new data services, build tools and create data solutions for data sets ranging from millions to billions of rows. Use appropriate tools to activate the datasets for both internal and external consumers. The team primarily writes in Java, Scala and Python, operates in the AWS cloud and works to have fully automated deployments. The job traverses the realms of raw data ingest, ETL, storage, other AWS services, and development/maintenance of tools in order to process deliveries to customers on time, often under tight time constraints.
- You will work closely with the group of dynamic engineers at FullContact, both in the US and abroad, to resolve programmatic challenges and day to day engineer-tasks.
- Work with the clients/prospects to understand the requirements. Implement custom solutions for customers/potential prospects and be responsible for assigned customer deliverables.
- Create data solutions to help maintain / close new business with customers
- Work with product to prototype proof of concepts; Responsible for reviewing current systems, presenting ideas for system improvements. Be creative in developing automation tools for streamlining our processes.
- Process large amounts of data leveraging big data technologies such as Spark, EMR, Kafka and more
- Steward customer and 3rd party data sets through our systems by running data pipelines; Normalizing and aggregating dirty data
- Compile analytics around internal and external data sets which are used for validation and provide an overall assessment
- Working with stakeholders including Engineering, Data, Product, QA and Sales/GTM teams and assisting them with data-related technical issues.
- 3+ years of data engineering experience and experience in technical leadership.
- Experience in in solution design and implementation of data workflows
- Ability to analyze data and derive insights and experience in Big Data Technologies using Spark/Hadoop
- Programming experience in Python, Java or Scala
- Experience in AWS and ideally with tooling such as S3, Athena, EC2, EMR, EKS
- Traditional RDBMS and SQL (MySQL, Postgres, Aurora, Athena, etc)
- Experience in building data pipelines and preferably with Airflow
- CI/CD tools such as Spinnaker / Jenkins / Docker / Kubernetes
- Linux / Unix and CLI scripting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and highly customer focused
- Ability to handle project deliveries end-to-end
- Bonus: Understanding and/or industry experience in the MarTech/AdTech space
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary Range: $115,000-$125,000 base salary plus, company-based bonus plan, and equity.
- We offer 100% covered medical, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family.
- We are #defaultremote (fully and permanently remote) with the option to work at WeWork spaces around the country with our credits. Our Denver office is open as an optional place for people to work if they choose to.
- FULLBalance paid vacation bonus
- Flexible family-first environment - we want work to work for you and your family’s schedule.
- Get up to $200 a month reimbursed for recurring home office expenses and a one-time $1000 home office setup reimbursement to make your space your own!
- Unlimited VTO (vacation time off) so you can recharge and relax when you need to.
- Paid Parental Leave when you welcome a new member to your family.
- Bereavement leave supporting the grieving process for the loss of both human and animal family members.
- 26 paid Company holidays, including mental health days, service days, 1/2 day Fridays in the summer, and the week between Christmas and New Year off!
- We provide a prepaid HRA card for out-of-pocket medical, dental, and vision expenses.
FullContact is the premier provider of SaaS-based identity resolution that empowers brands to improve their customer experience and authentically engage with consumers. Using a consumer-first approach with our product offerings, we aim to make relationships better and that starts with our employees. We offer excellent benefits for our teammates, including full medical and dental coverage, unlimited vacation time and a generous stock option plan. You’ll join an innovative, enthusiastic team whose hard work helped us achieve recognition from the API awards, MarTech Breakthrough awards, and inclusion on the Inc. 5000 list for fastest growing companies.
All offers of employment at FullContact are contingent upon clear results of a thorough background check. FullContact is an Equal Opportunity Employer. FullContact does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
By clicking on the “submit application” button and applying for a job at FullContact, you are agreeing to submit your data to FullContact for the purposes of determining qualification for the role. In addition, FullContact will keep the personal data you submit now for future recruiting and hiring processes.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States for any employer.