Be a hands-on Tech Lead to lead and coach the Data Platform team as they build out data pipelines, data integrations, and publicly available APIs. In this role, you will report directly to the Sr. Director of Engineering in the Denver office and guide the team to build out and maintain systems which are critical to the success of FullContact. All numbers are in the billions and trillions, and the tech is hot off the press.
The Data Platform team is primarily focused on enabling internal and external customers to gain access to our various sources of data. This involves integrating with external APIs and datasets, creating coherent representations of the data and then providing access for our customers, both internal and external. The team works on both live streaming and batch systems so that we can be the best in class for contact management and leverages machine learning.
What You’ll Do
- Be the lead of the Data Platform team which currently consists of four high caliber engineers
- Work with Product and Engineering Leaders to define and attain quarterly goals
- Ensure a high level of collaboration and communication of both internal and external teams
- Help team build out proper tooling and metrics, to ensure a high quality of service on APIs and Data Integrity
- Work with leadership to grow the team as the business grows
- Lead team through technical discussions
What the Team Does
- Process large amounts of data leveraging Big Data Tech (Spark, Cassandra, Athena, Kafka and much more)
- Create and maintain fleets of high volume microservices (10,000’s requests/sec in some cases)
- Expose data and tools to internal teams through APIs and libraries
- The team works to aggregate and normalize dirty contact-centric data
- Account for quality and security as you build
- You lead by example in the face of adversity
- You are creative and enjoy solving problems
- You are curious. You look for the root cause of issues and are a life learner
- You are collaborative and love working with people, whiteboarding and designing hard problems
- You have got grit and recognize that the harder things in life are more rewarding
- You are empathetic for both customers and team members
- 7+ years of hands-on experience building large-scale software
- 2+ years of a role as a Team Lead or Manager of a team
- Deep understanding and experience developing in the JVM
- Deep understanding of operating in complex SOAs (5+ interoperating services)
- Experience ingesting and exposing data
- You have a solid mathematical foundation
- Experience with a variety of databases (SQL, NoSQL, In-Memory, Searchable, etc.)
- Solid Linux experience - CLI tools, scripting
- Git and AWS familiarity
- Authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
FullContact is the most powerful fully-connected contact management platform for professionals and enterprises who need to master their contacts and be awesome with people. FullContact’s cross-platform suite of Apps and APIs enhance contacts with 360° insights, while keeping them organized, in-sync, up-to-date, and safe.
FullContact was awarded 29th by Outside Best Places to Work in 2017 and 1100 on the Inc. 5000 list of Fastest Growing Companies! We have full medical and dental coverage and a $7,500 “Paid PAID” bonus every year to fully disconnect and recharge.