Title: Lead/Senior Software Engineer (Data Engineering)
Location: Remote / Kochi
Experience: 5+ years
The gig: Are you a hacker wizard? Have software product dev experience? Let’s talk!
About Our Tech Stack:
- We work with some of the hottest technologies on the block: Hadoop, Spark/EMR, Kubernetes + Docker, Cassandra / Scylla / HBase, Kafka/SQS, ElasticSearch, Redis, Airflow, just to name a few.
- We use AWS for production services, Git for revision control and Jenkins for builds and deployments. We push to production multiple times a day. The code is mostly a combination of JVM-based languages (Java, Scala, Clojure), Python.
- You want to work with large datasets and implement algorithms that improve the quality and usefulness of our customer's contacts
- You are an awesome programmer, hacker and engineer.
- You have a solid mathematical foundation
- You can critically think through hard problems and emerge with robust, functional solutions
- You know what teamwork means and love to work with others to produce industrial-strength code
- Your software designs have resilience and performance baked into their DNA
- You're unphased by new tech and routinely crack open the source to truly understand it
- You are eager to learn and work in a fast-paced environment
- You can own things! And get it done
Mandatory Skills and Experience
- 6+ years of experience in Data Engineering or Software Engineering with hands-on experience in Big Data, Scala, and Spark.
- Solid experience and exposure to software architect/design methodologies and test-driven development, and strong software engineering principles.
- Expert in building scalable systems
- Sound understanding of CS and Data Structure concepts and implementation
- Solid experience with a variety of databases (SQL, NoSQL, In-Memory, Searchable, etc)
- Experience in working with Git and AWS
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience leading/managing a group of Software Engineers in a product environment is a strong plus.
- Bonus Points for Deep understanding and experience developing in the JVM
- You will work closely with the group of dynamic engineers of FullContact, both in India and abroad, to chase down programmatic challenges and day to day engineer-tasks.
- Be part of the architectural design/modification and implementation of the company’s products.
- Process large amounts of data leveraging big data technologies such as Spark, EMR, Kafka and more
- Design and implement scalable software/systems
- Build automated unit and functional testing around features and systems
- Work with a team to build super fast, scalable distributed systems
- Work with a team to solve difficult problems and then successfully implement it
- Work with Product management on understanding features
- Responsible for reviewing current systems, presenting ideas for system improvements.
FullContact is the premier provider of SaaS-based identity resolution that empowers brands to improve their customer experience and authentically engage with consumers. FullContact’s leading position in the identity resolution space informs our thoughts and direction on privacy and consent issues as we are creating end-to-end solutions for brands, publishers, and platforms. Using a consumer-first approach with our product offerings, we aim to make relationships better and that starts with our employees.
We offer excellent benefits for our teammates, including full medical and dental coverage, our famous “paid, paid vacation” and a generous stock option plan. You’ll join an innovative, enthusiastic team whose hard work helped us achieve recognition from the API awards, MarTech Breakthrough awards, and inclusion on the Inc. 5000 list for fastest growing companies. More at www.fullcontact.com.
All offers of employment at FullContact are contingent upon clear results of a thorough background check. FullContact is an Equal Opportunity Employer. FullContact does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.